Classification/Comp. Plan  

Mission: To recruit and maintain the most qualified and motivated workforce, serving the public in an effective manner and to foster a work environment that promotes equal opportunity, dignity, respect and encourages individuals to reach their maximum potential.

Tell Us What You Think

You are here: Home > FAQs > Workers Compensation

Workers Compensation - FAQ's

Q. If I am injured at work, how do I report my injury?

A. You should immediately contact your supervisor or Human Resources who will provide you a Workers’ Comp Injury Reporting Packet. The enclosed Cuyahoga County Accident Investigation Report must be completed within 24 hours after your injury. Your supervisor will direct you to seek medical treatment. Present the CompManagement Health Systems ID Card included in the packet to your medical provider prior to receiving medical treatment.

Q. I reported my accident to Security. Do I still need to complete the accident report?

A. Yes. The Cuyahoga County Accident Investigation Report is mandatory and must be filed with the Bureau of Workers’ Compensation (BWC) by the employer.

Q. How do I file a workers’ compensation claim?

A. The County’s Workers’ Compensation Office will help you file your claim with our in-house MCO CompManagement Health Systems. For assistance please call 1-888-247-7799 or 216-443-5605. You may also file your claim online at and complete the First Report of an Injury, Occupational Disease or Death (FROI) application. You do not need an attorney to file a claim.

Q. Will I be paid for my time off from work?

A. The BWC will pay temporary total benefits on the eighth day following the accident. If you are off work for 14 consecutive days, you will be paid for the first seven days. For the first 12 weeks of missed work, you receive 72% of your full weekly wage. After 12 weeks of missed work, you receive 66.57% of your average weekly wage.

Q. If I have medical restrictions from my injury, can I return to work?

A. Yes. You may be eligible to participate in the County’s Alternative Work Program. Contact Workers' Compensation Coordinator at 216-443-5605 for a modified duty assignment if your agency is unable to accommodate your medical restrictions or provide a modified duty assignment.

Q. How are my medical bills paid?

A. All medical bills will be paid by the BWC if your workers’ compensation claim is allowed.

Q. If I am injured on the way to work, is this considered a workers’ compensation claim?

A. No. Fixed-site employees are not entitled to workers’ compensation if injured traveling to or from work. You are covered once you arrive at the office. Off-site employees: If your position requires you to work in the field and travel from one appointment to the next, you are not entitled to workers’ compensation until you arrive at the first appointment.

Q. Where can supervisors obtain the Workers’ Comp Injury Reporting Packets?

A. Contact the County’s Workers’ Compensation Office at 216-443-5605.