You are here:
Home > About Us
Cuyahoga County recognizes the value of a qualified workforce in order to provide the highest level of service to the public. To meet this goal the Department of Human Resources has made it our mission to recruit, train, support, and retain the most qualified and productive staff for Cuyahoga County, while ensuring fair employment and equal opportunity to all persons. We recognize the value of diversity and all the benefits of fostering an inclusive environment. This means all county employees must strive to create a productive work environment representative of the citizens we serve and reflective of the demography of Cuyahoga County.
The Human Resources Department is comprised of the following areas of expertise:
- Benefits & Compensation
- Administers benefit, wellness and compensation plans for employees of Cuyahoga County.
- Labor & Employment Relations
- Administers the County's discipline and corrective action programs, oversees Equal Employment Opportunity and Americans with Disabilities Act compliance and the County's Fitness for Duty (drug testing) Program. Labor & Employment Relations is also responsible for conducting employee complaint investigations and responding to unemployment compensation claims.
- Talent Acquisition & Employment
- Recruits and retains top candidates to meet the operational needs and strategic goals of Cuyahoga County.
- Time & Attendance
- Responsible for the maintenance of earnings, payroll deductions and time balances for employees of Cuyahoga County.
- Organizational & Employee Development/Training
- Responsible for staff development, orientation and training programs for employees of Cuyahoga County.
We hope the following pages provide you with the information and service that meets all of your needs. If you are unable to locate any information that you need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
to the Department of Human Resources.